We started this liner project 2 years ago in response to athletes who wanted a better custom upgrade for conventional ski boot designs. They asked for an accurately molding central tongue liner that was light, comfortable, warm, and most importantly - responsive! Over the years we've found that it's easy to make things complicated, but hard to keep things simple. Our requirements for a full custom liner were the same as our full custom insoles: make it fast and foolproof to mold, uncomplicated for the end user, cost efficient for shops and athletes, and as always, COMFORTABLE!
The "DFP Design" was initially prototyped by several established fabricators around the world. After rigorous testing in Utah and Mount Hood it was clear who our manufacturing partner would be: Intuition. Their sophisticated production facility could handle all the large and small details of the project and their Ultralon foams were unquestionably the most accurate molding foams available!
- Moccasin toe box = roomier toes and less need for "toe capping".
- Reduced sole thickness = better interface for aftermarket insoles and no underfoot "trampoline" effect.
- Seams minimized and relocated in toe box area, and eliminated over achilles = better molding around foot and elimination of hot spots.
- Wide, BURLEY tongue to spread pressure over maximum area = more responsive skiing and elimination of shin bite.
- Grab straps, front and rear = easier on and off. Makes it simple to pull out "molding wrinkles".
- Speed lace system = bomber heel hold down. An effective way to secure the liner in place while molding. Essential for touring! Easily removed if not needed.
- Fabric eyelets = no hard spots.
- External velcro heel pads = quick to apply, easy to adjust. No glue, no "migration". Large sheets available for cutting custom shapes.